The call for applicants is now open
The Master’s Degreein Southeast European Studies: Politics, History, Economics will receive up to thirty (30) graduate students for the academic year 2023-2024. The Programme is taught face-to-face. The Programme is primarily addressed to graduates with a first degree in the social sciences and humanities (politics, sociology, economics, political and social history, social anthropology, Balkan studies, journalism). Εligible to apply are graduates of Greek universities or foreign universities officially recognised by the Hellenic Republic.
The Programme charges tuition fees of €3,600 payable in three instalments. Students who are citizens of specified Southeast European countries (i.e. Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo [this designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UN SC Resolution 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence] Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, and North Macedonia) and who are not in receipt of a scholarship from any other source (upon arrival to Athens they will be asked to submit official declaration about that) may apply for a scholarship/ internship. The Master’s Programme will also offer scholarshipa in accordance with the applicable law and the Master’s Regulation.
- Completed application (see above)
- A statement of purpose in English (500 words maximum).
- A certified copy of the applicant’s first degree, with a minimum GPA of 6.5/10 as a prerequisite for acceptance on the Programme. (Applicants who will not have graduated by the application deadline but are expected to graduate in 2022 should submit a signed statement declaring (a) their current grade point average, (b) the number of courses they need to pass in order to graduate, and (c) that the final degree will be submitted, at the latest, by registration, at the beginning of October 2023).
- A certified copy of the applicant’s official university grades transcript.
- Official translations into Greek or English of the first degreeand transcript), required when the original documents are in a language other than Greek or English.
- Proof of excellent knowledge of the English language at C1 level or above.
- Two recommendation letters, of which at least one should be from a university faculty member. Recommendation letters should be written in English or Greek. (Applicants are asked to use the “Form for Referees” which is part of the application material). If the recommendation letters are sent electronically they should be sent directly from the referee to the email of the Programme.
- Photocopy of your ID or passport.
- Successful applicants holding a first degree from a non-Greek university will be required, upon acceptance by the programme, to submit their qualifications for recognition by ‘Hellenic Naric’, the official Greek certificating institution for foreign degrees (website http://www.doatap.gr). Further information on this is provided once the candidate selection process is complete.
For furher information please contact the SEE Programme Administrator, Ms. Evelyn Karakatsani
Κατηγορία: Μεταπτυχιακές Σπουδές,Νέα