Financial Risk Trainee
Athens Exchange Group (ATHEX Group) is currently looking for a Financial Risk Trainee to join the Risk Management Team. This position offers the chance to develop a wide range of knowledge and skills relevant to risk management. You’ll learn how to identify, measure, analyse and assess the likelihood of risks, thus helping us to secure the Group’s ongoing financial stability.
Reporting to the Head of Risk Management, some of your responsibilities will be:
- Participating in diverse projects on behalf of Risk Management such as development of VaR risk models, pricing of derivatives and fixed income instruments (BSM, binomial models, stochastic processes etc.), company credit risk assessment and development/validation of credit scorecards
- Managing the risk system maintenance and development
- Performing optimization of procedures and processes
- Participating in the generation and further development of regular internal and external reports
- Monitoring of the regulatory environment – EMIR, ESMA guidelines, IOSCO, MiFiD etc
- BS degree in Finance with focus on financial engineering, derivatives pricing, statistics, econometrics, mathematical analysis and stochastic processes or risk management.
- MSc degree in Risk Management or Financial Engineering
- Limited professional experience, ideally within a risk management unit or a treasury department of a financial institution is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and solid programming skills (R or Excel VBA)
- Fluent in both Greek and English languages
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Solid organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player with an ability to be self-directed and apply initiative.
About ATHEX Group
HELLENIC EXCHANGES – ATHENS STOCK EXCHANGE (ATHEX) is the parent company of the Group that supports the operation of the Greek capital market. The parent company and its 100% subsidiaries ATHEXClear and ATHEX CSD operate the organized stock and derivatives markets, carry out trading, clearing, settlement and registration of securities, provide comprehensive IT solutions to the Greek capital market and promote the development of capital markets culture in Greece.
Send your CV in English at email@example.com
Financial Risk Trainee – ATHEX Group